Easy Excel Upload
Full course credit only
When all participants must complete the course in full to receive credit, this Easy Excel is a great upload option. The Excel file needs to have an “.xls” extension. Example: CourseCompletions.xls Each column of data is described in detail on the following pages.
Here is a sample file when only the CE Broker course number is used.
Here is a sample file when the CE Broker publishing number is also used. The advantage of a publishing number is that your roster history will be grouped by the publishing (date, time, location).
Here is a sample when you’ve elected to use your own course numbers in CE Broker.
Do's and Don'ts
The following are some do's and don'ts
- Don’t have any blank rows between rows of data. When the system encounters a blank in column A of any row, the system interprets that blank cell as the end of the file.
- Do feel free to include multiple course and publishing numbers in any one file
- Don’t include in this file anyone not receiving full course credit. If reporting attendees that did not complete the course in full, you will want to use the other Excel file. The regular Excel can be used to report full and partial credit attendees simultaneously.
- If you only report course completion credit for the Florida Department of Health and Florida Statewide Public Guardianship Office, you may leave column G blank.
- Don’t leave blank the following columns: Column A, E, F, of G.
- Do include a course number in either column B or C, but not both.
- Don’t include “50-“ in front of your educational provider number nor the “20-“ in front of your course number. Only include the suffixes.
- Do use the Excel date formatting in Column F. Don’t use dashes or any other date format.
The following is a description of each column of data in the Easy Excel format:
Column A - CE Provider number issued by CE Broker
- Required? YES
- Only enter the suffix of the CE Provider number issued by CE Broker. For example, if your CE Provider number is 50-2486 you will enter 2486 in Column A.
- The CE Provider number in Column A must match the number on your CE Broker organizational profile or else the file will reject.
- Column A tells the system how many rows to read. The first column A cell that is blank indicates the end of the file.
Column B - Course number issued by CE Broker
- Required? B or C is required
- Only enter the suffix of the course number issued by CE Broker. For example, if your course number is 20-12056 you will enter 12056 in Column B. The only exception is you will leave this column blank if you have elected to use your own course IDs in CE Broker. Most educational providers use the CE Broker issued course number.
- You may report any number of courses in one Easy Excel file.
Column C - Own course ID
- Required? B or C is required
- If you’ve elected to use your own course IDs in CE Broker, enter your course IDs in Column C. Do not use Column B.
Column D - Publishing number issued by CE Broker
- Required? No
- This is an optional field. The advantage of a publishing number is that your roster history will be grouped by the publishing (date, time, location).
- Only enter the suffix of the course publishing number issued by CE Broker. For example, if your publishing number is 10-5892 you will enter 5892 in Column D.
- You may report any number of publishings in one Easy Excel file.
Column E - License Number
- Required? Yes
- Enter both the alpha and numeric portions of the attendee’s license number. For example, RN9999.
- See the list of the profession codes (alpha portions of license numbers)
Column F - Course Completion Date
- Required? Yes
- Report the date each attendee completed the course. Use the Excel date formatting in Column F. For example: 12/3/2008. Don’t use dashes or any other date format.
Column G - State Indicator
- Required ? Yes
- For example: Enter “State=FL” for the Florida Department of Health and the Florida Statewide Public Guardianship Office or “State=DC” for the District of Columbia Department of Health.
Column H - Profession Indicator
- Additional data for Numeric license numbers
- A special profession indicator is required for the following Boards:
- Alabama Occupational Therapy
- Idaho Electrical
- Idaho Plumbing
- Idaho Factory Built Homes Advisory Board
- Louisiana - All Professions
- New Mexico Board of Nursing
- Ohio Speech
- South Carolina - All Professions
- Tennessee - All Professions
You can find a list of the profession codes for these boards Here: Profession Codes
See the list of file validation errors.