How Florida license validation differs from Ongoing License Status Verification
Florida License Validation: A free service to educational providers
We all know how many times a Florida licensee will give you an incorrect license number and then get upset their continuing education was not reported properly. When you ask for a Florida license number on your website, an instant online transaction with CE Broker can check the license number. The Internet-based license validation is made possible when your system developers use XML Web service to communicate system-to-system. The CE Broker system would respond whether the Florida license number received is valid and, if valid, provide the licensee name on record. Think of it as a credit card transaction. You go to the gas station to pump gas and before you actually start pumping, your credit card is validated at the pump. It is the same with the license validation. While the licensee is registering for your course, the CE Broker system can respond instantly to your online validation request. The license validation is a service to educational providers. A different service is available to employers that provides primary source license verification ongoing.
Ongoing License Status Verification: A service to registered employers
The CE Broker Ongoing License Status Verification is an exclusive service available to registered employers and provides:
- Primary source verification
- Proactive "push" notification of license status changes
- View by license expiration date
- View by license status
- Maintains history
- Archiving of former employees
- Only 45 cents per month per licensee
STOP Filing Paper - No need to inquire on the MQA screen one-by-one and file in each employee's file.
Primary Source verification for Joint Commission surveys
- Favorable opinion from the Joint Commission
- Meets elements of performance effective July 1, 2005
- Successful survey of a healthcare facility using electronic verification
Primary Source for AHCA surveys
- Satisfies survey procedures regarding verifying licensure on a continual basis
Re-draft your internal policy for the newly available electronic verification.