The Florida Department of Health has added a one hour CE requirement for Human Trafficking for licensees across several professions, including Certified Respiratory Therapists, Registered Respiratory Therapists, Respiratory Care Practitioner Critical Care, and Respiratory Care Practitioner Non-Critical Care.
Here's what you need to know:
- This is a one-time requirement that must be completed anytime between July 1, 2019 and January 1, 2021.
- The course must be at least one hour.
- The course must be approved by the Florida Board of Respiratory Care to award Human Trafficking credit.
- Click here to view a list of approved courses for Certified Respiratory Therapists.
- Click here to view a list of approved courses for Registered Respiratory Therapists.
- Click here to view a list of approved courses for Respiratory Care Practitioner Critical Care.
- Click here to view a list of approved courses for Respiratory Care Practitioner Non-Critical Care.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- "My compliance status is 'Complete' even though I did not take a Human Trafficking course. Does this mean I'm not required to do it?"
Your compliance status does not include the Human Trafficking requirement. All licensed professionals under the Florida Board of Respiratory Care must complete an approved Human Trafficking course. Your compliance status calculates the hours required for your license renewal on 5/31/2021. The Human Trafficking course has a separate deadline unrelated to your license renewal: 01/01/2021.
- "My Professional account transcript does not include a Human Trafficking section. Why not?"
Your Professional transcript shows the requirements specifically for your license renewal. Since the Human Trafficking course is not directly tied to your renewal, it does not have its own section on the transcript.
- "Will completing an approved Human Trafficking course also award CE credit for my license renewal?"
Yes! The hours you earn will be counted as General credit for your license renewal.
- "I already completed a Human Trafficking course. How can I make sure it was approved?"
Click on the name of the course you completed in your Course History to verify that the subject area displays "Human Trafficking."
- "I found a course called 'Human Trafficking' that does not appear on the CE Broker course search. Is it approved?"
No. Having "Human Trafficking" in the title does not mean it's approved. Every course that the Board has approved to award Human Trafficking credit will appear in the course search on CE Broker under the "Human Trafficking" subject area filter. If it's not on the list, it will not fulfill the requirement.
- "Where can I find an approved Human Trafficking course?"
Use the CE Broker Course Search to find Human Trafficking courses approved for your profession: