An exemption reduces or eliminates the need to complete continuing education courses. To report an exemption:
1. Log in to your CE Broker account
2. Click Report CE
3. Click on the Additional Options tab
4. Select the licensing period for which you are reporting the exemption.
💡 The dates you select will correspond with your current license cycle date. For example, if you need to renew your license on or before 1/31/2022 in order to be active through 1/31/2024, you'll report your exemption for the cycle 2/1/2020 - 1/31/2022. The date range you select should always be before your renewal deadline.
5. Click Learn More under the exemption options to find out more about each category and if you qualify
💡 For a complete breakdown of the different exemption options and to locate any documentation that may be needed in order to file an exemption, please also feel free to visit:
6. Click Begin next to the appropriate option to report your exemption
7. Answer the questions as prompted and click Continue to advance the submission form. Depending on the type of exemption, be prepared to attach supporting documentation (ie: college transcript, national certification, etc.)
8. Once your exemption has been successfully submitted for your current renewal cycle, said renewal cycle will reflect as complete within your CE Broker account and you are now ready to renew your license with the Georgia Board of Nursing.
Common exemptions for Georgia Board of Nursing professions:
Option 2 - Maintenance of Certification or Recertification.
Option 3 - Completion of accredited academic program of study.
Option 3- Verification of competency and 500 hours practice.
Option 5 - Board approved re-entry prog. or graduation from a nursing ed. prog.
*Please note that Georgia LPNs only have the following exemption option:
Option 2 - Board approved re-entry prog. or graduation from a nursing ed. prog.