MarketX & ProviderX: Display Ratings & Reviews
💥 Why is this awesome?
This feature gives learners the ability to see what their fellow professionals with the same or similar professions and subject interests are saying about the courses they’ve completed, while encouraging providers to review and refine content based on learner feedback.
This feature includes an update to the course rating copy and allows learners to view the course ratings, view, sort & filter detailed written reviews within the course search.
Allows CE Broker to identify and hide inappropriate reviews.
Supports future national expansion, allowing unmonitored professionals to find the CE Broker marketplace by surfacing written course reviews that will improve SEO and course search traffic.
💻 Apps impacted
- Provider Suite
- External Course Search
- Internal Course Search
- Licensee account
📚 What does this update include?
For courses that are new to the Marketplace or do not have ratings yet, we’ll show this blank state in:
- Course search list view
- Course details
- Dashboard Ad
- Course Recommendations
- My Saved Courses page
- Discover page - Spotlight CE
- Popular CE
- Recently Added CE
How a course with zero ratings appears:
Viewing the course reviews
When the Professional selects the hyperlink for the number of ratings, the Professional will be directed to the reviews within the course details.
- The Professional will see 5 reviews within the course details. Each time the Professional selects ‘More reviews,’ an additional 5 reviews will display.
- The ‘Most recent’ reviews will be displayed at the top. The Professional can sort by these options:
- Most Recent
- Highest Rated
- Lowest rated
The Professional can also filter the reviews by star ratings. To reset the filter, the Professional can select the ‘x’ to show the default of all the most recent ratings.
Update to the course rating copy
Replaced “Did you love the course? Say it with stars!” with How would you rate this course?
Replaced “Add words to your stars. Optional.” with Tell us about your experience taking this course.
These copy updates will ensure we don’t get reviews with one-word answers (yes or no) to the question, "Did you love the course?" or users writing the actual star rating they chose in the review text box (5 stars).
Added text when you click on each star rating to help learners rate courses:
1 star: Poor, not what I expected
2 stars: Below average, could be better
3 stars: Average
4 stars: Good, what I expected
5 stars: Amazing, above expectations!
Update to the learner’s name
To protect learners when providing feedback, we have updated their names to display their first name and last initial instead of their full name. This update has been made in the review section of the provider suite and the marketplace course details.
- Reviews can be hidden (not deleted) individually or in bulk from the course details.
- Hidden reviews will still be displayed in the provider suite.
- A query was performed to identify and remove reviews with inappropriate language or reviews with one-word answers, writing out the star rating, N/A, random characters, etc.
- If a provider reaches out with a concern about a visible review, the Support team can funnel it to the Education team for review. While we want to remove inappropriate reviews from the marketplace, we won’t necessarily want to remove accurate but negative feedback about course content. In the future, we would like to build a feature that allows educational providers to manually flag a review that notifies us as well.
- On an ongoing basis, TSS will run a query to identify any new reviews to be removed.
- We are exploring the implementation of an AI tool to help us proactively monitor and remove these in the future!
🔑 Helpful/noteworthy information:
- We will display 3 years of ratings and reviews.