As a Florida Psychologist your required Continuing Education hours are as follows:
- 35 General Hours
- 2 Medical Error Hours
- 3 Ethics and Florida Law Hours
- 2 Domestic Violence Hours - due every third biennium and included in the total 40 hours required
CE Requirement Chart:
Did You Know:
- Medical Error Hours must be approved directly by the Board of Psychology as APA approval alone will not qualify the course to fulfill these requirements.
- Home Study CE can only be completed from providers approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) or any of its affiliates.
- 3 of the 40 hours must be Professional Ethics and Laws and Rules of the Board. Of those 3 hours, at least 1 hour shall be on Professional Ethics, and at least 1 hour shall be on Laws and Rules of the Board.
CE Requirements for First Time Renewal:
Psychologists initially licensed within the biennium are exempt from continuing education with the exception of the two hour course relating to the prevention of medical error
For additional information, reference your board's website.
Want an easier way to track what CE is required for your renewal?
Receive a personal CE Transcript when you sign up for a Professional Account. A CE Transcript is a clear list of what CE you have completed and what is left to complete.