Georgia Board of Nursing Home Administrators: Requirements
- 40 Total Hours:
- 6 hours of Professional Development/Integrity and/or Resident Rights
- Must be in person
- 3 hours of Emergency Preparedness
- Must be live unless sponsored by the GA Department of Public Health, FEMA, or Georgia Healthcare Association
- 31 hours of General
- May include resident centered care and quality of life, gerontology and special populations, HR, finance/financial practice, financial integrity, leadership sills and management, ancillary services management/development, regulatory compliance, quality assurance.
- Licensed in the first year of the biennium: 20 hours in any combination of above categories.
- Licensed in the second year of the biennium: No CE required.
Did You Know?
- Maximum of 20 online hours per biennium
- Resident Rights/Ethics cannot be online in any form
- General hours can be done online if it is an NAB/NCERS approved course, or a course that is approved by another state board of nursing home administrators
- No minimum hours
- Partial credit is accepted
- Cannot repeat courses within a biennium
- Courses must be completed within the dates of the biennium. Courses from before the active biennium will not count.
Want an easier way to track what CE is required for your renewal?
Receive a personal CE Transcript when you sign up for a Professional Account. A CE Transcript is a clear list of what CE you have completed and what is left to complete.