Requirements: Georgia Occupational Therapists
For Standard Renewal (and first time renewal for those licensed in the first year of the biennium):
24 total hours:
- At least 14 hours must be related to direct “hands on” patient care
- This includes occupational therapy assessment, treatment planning, occupational therapy implementation, and diagnostic related information
- At least 2 hours must be in Ethics of Occupational Therapy Practice
- Up to 6 hours of “General” continuing education
- This includes courses related to administration, supervision, documentation, quality assurance, and research
- Up to 4 hours can be Level II fieldwork supervision, published professional writing, and instructional presentations.
For First Renewal (license in second year of the biennium):
No CE required
Did You Know?
- Licensees can NOT use CPR for CE credit.
- At least 12 of the 24 hours must be obtained by attendance at live presentations.
- Workshops, seminars, conferences, or formal academic coursework.
- A maximum of 12 hours may be obtained by electronic o web-based courses, formal self-study courses, satellite broadcasts, computer learning activities webinars, or viewing videotapes in a professional setting.
- Minimum hour: no minimum
- Partial credit is accepted.
- Courses MAY be repeated within the biennium.
- Hours must be completed within the biennium dates.
- Courses from prior bienniums will not apply.
Want an easier way to track what CE is required for your renewal?
Receive a personal CE Transcript when you sign up for a Professional Account. A CE Transcript is a clear list of what CE you have completed and what is left to complete.